Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately the answer is not black and white. There are many factors that go into determining your rates. In order for the company to determine how much you should pay for insurance, they look at specific factors to determine your risk. So, when one of those factors change, there is an accident and you file a claim for the damages, the level of risk goes up and the premium follows.
Everyone wants to know how to save money on insurance, so here it is…
- Multi policy package– insurance companies frequently offer discounts for bundling your insurance policies with the same company.
- Safe Driving– the fewer tickets and accidents you have in the last 5 years, the better. If you have a clean record you can receive loss free and violation free discounts.
- Home ownership– there are discounts on auto for owning your home and packaging it with your auto policy.
- Credit– believe it or not good credit is a sign of responsibility and insurance carriers believe it is an important factor. Paying your bills on time can give you a decent discount on your policy premium.
- Mileage driven– if you are not driving your vehicle very often there is less change of being in a accident, so your risk is lower.
- Deductibles– if you have a lower deductible you are more likely to turn in a claim and therefore you have a higher premium.
Other Discounts – there are many more discounts out there. Make sure you are taking advantage of them by speaking with your Insurance agent today.
Agents can check prices with many other companies and check for coverages you may need. Not every company offers the same type of coverages, and after meeting with you, your agent will know which one fits your needs and offers the right coverages. You can develop a relationship with your agency and when you need to make changes on your policy you will know who is helping you. We at Countryside & Stiver’s are not a 1-800 number where you have to deal with automated phone systems. See our blog for more information on Agency vs Carrier.